Why buy hardwood floors?
We buy hardwood floors because they are gorgeous, real is better than fake and they last. First of all, when we use the word hardwood, we’re not referring to a veneer. We were referring to solid all the way through, three quarter inch tongue and groove wood floors. It is and has been the opinion of our company that the only engineered flooring comparable .to solid hardwoods or those that are three quarter inch thick themselves with the wear layer of a minimum of five millimeters. So, when we suggest buying a specific species of hardwood, we mean real wood.
We buy hardwood floors for their beauty and durability, right? Of course, but remember we are talking about real wood which means much more than looking good. Don’t like the stain? Change it. Get tired of one style or house sells? Change it. Versatility and value must be included in the conversation along with aesthetics and longevity. With that in mind here are 5 reasons to buy hardwood floors
- Ability to control the environment of your home– Purchasing unfinished hardwood floors allows the owner to use products such as Monocoat by Rubio a 100% zero VOC, hypo allergenic plant-based finish with over 70 colors.
- Real Wood is Green– Only solid wood will be salvaged or reclaimed everything else like carpet, end up in landfills. One house can have 5 LVT floors versus one real one, that is a lot of landfilling.
- Easy to maintain– Real wood can be repaired and maintained much easier than LVT floors. A real wood floor gets “scratched” you color it in, blend it or sand it to fit. Not the LVT, not with any other product, real wood.
- Real hardwood floors look great with any style or décor– You don’t have to have “shabby chic” or rustic style to have a hardwood floor with character. Today knots and color variations are called character which remains in demand.
- Adds value– We add value and homeowner equity by selling solid real hardwood flooring and “refinish able” engineered flooring. Nothing looks more impressive than a real wood floor with long lengths and wide planks